So while catching up on blogs that I missed while on vacation, I found something out: I have been nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award!
1001-Up.com nominated me. Their site was one of the first blogs I came across and absolutely love it. They have a little bit of everything when it comes to gaming and geek culture so please check them out. You will not regret it! Thank you so much to all the contributors at 1001-Up.
According to the VBA website there are some rules to follow:
- Thank the person who gave you this award. That’s common courtesy.
- Include a link to their blog. That’s also common courtesy — if you can figure out how to do it.
- Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly. ( I would add, pick blogs or bloggers that are excellent!)
- Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award — you might include a link to this site.
- Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
Rule 1: Done and done, but again, thank you 1001-Up.com!
Rule 2: A couple of links are provided above. Check.
Rule 3: All right, 15 blogs that I have discovered/ follow regularly
- Beer and Joysticks
- After Dark Gaming
- The Verbal Spew Review
- John Heatz
- The Dad, Gentleman Geek
- Gamer’s Gaiden
- The Mental Attic
- The PewPew Diaries
- Poppycock Reviews
- Video Games Nebula
These are in no particular order. Some I recently discovered and others I have followed for a while. They are all great reads and would encourage people to check them out!
Rule 4: This leaves the 7 facts about me for 1001-Up.com Enjoy!
- My wife never really played video games. Then she “helped” me with the choices in The Walking Dead. Since then, she has been addicted to the Lego video games and Don’t Starve. I love that I got her into playing games, even if it is only a couple at the moment.
- I have two cats, Oliver and Napoleon. Both of them try to help me play video games and often keep my legs warm.
- According to a friend of mine, this is what I would look like if I were a wizard.
- I absolutely love video games. I actually have a plan for a video game tattoo theme for my entire back. Of course I had to start with what created my obsession.
- Aside from video games, I love to read and write (though I am a bit rusty at that whole fiction writing thing). My goal in the next three years, aside from keeping this blog going, is to work on a couple of short stories and finish the first draft of a novel. Add that with working full time, working on a Masters in school counseling, and being a husband, my plate is full. I love every minute of it, though!
- I am absolutely addicted to the show Scandal. We watch it whenever new episodes are added to Hulu.
- Random medical fact! When I was about 7 years old, I got 6 stitches in my head because I ran into a kid in a hallway and his two front teeth attached themselves to my skull. Was he a zombie? No. Was he hungry? Possibly. OM NOM NOM!
Again, thank you to all who read my blog, like it, and comment. I really appreciate the support. As I continue, I will definitely spruce up the look but the fact that there are people out there who like the content and this side of me really means a lot!